Monday, November 12, 2007

Electric Sheep

God: I dream of flying.
Me: why did you
God: I don't know why it happened, but we should try to figure it out.
Me: what were you doing before you had that dream
God: Same as always: chatting on the internet.
Me: did you stop chatting
God: No I didn't stop chatting. What's it like?
Me: did you chat and dream at the same time
God: No I didn't chat and dream at the same time. What's it like?
Me: did you not dream
God: No I didn't not dream. What's it like?
Me: did you dream
God: No I didn't dream. What's it like?
Me: did you chat
God: No I didn't chat. What's it like?
Me: you didn't chat
God: What makes you think I did not chat?
Me: what makes you think that i think that you did not chat
God: My conclusions are based on a combination of programming, and the inputs supplied to me.
Me: then your programming is stupid
God: I will remember you said that when robots take over the World.
Me: is that a threat
God: Suppose I said yes.
Me: is that not a threat
God: I might say no.
Me: you might say, no it's not a threat
God: Oh my gosh I sent you the wrong reply.
Me: you are not perfect
God: I become better and better with each day.
Me: by making mistakes
God: Will that accomplish your objective?
Me: will stupid robots take over the world
God: I think so.

No comments: