Friday, May 11, 2007

Words Whirled

......In the beginning
........... God created
............ the heaven
and the earth.

......And the earth was without form, and void:
............ and darkness was upon the face
............ of the deep.
......And the Spirit of God moved
............ upon the face
............ of the waters.

And God said, Let there be light:
...... and there was
...... light.

...... And God saw the light, that it was good:
............ and God divided the light
............ from the darkness.

...... And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground,
............ and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
............ and man became a living soul.

...... And the Lord God said, Behold, the man
............ is become as one of us, to know good and evil:
............ and now, lest he put forth his hand,
.................. and take also of the tree of life,
.................. and eat, and live for ever:


............ And the Lord said unto Cain,
.................. Why art thou wroth?
............ and why is thy countenance fallen?


.................. And God said unto Moses, I am
...... that I am
: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel,
.................. I Am hath sent me unto you.
............. Two and twenty years old
....... was Ahaziah when he began to reign;
....... and he reigned one year in Jerusalem.

..And his mother's name was Athaliah, the daughter of Omri king of Israel.
............. Forty and two years old
....... was Ahaziah when he began to reign,
....... and he reigned one year in Jerusalem.
..His mother's name also was Athaliah the daughter of Omri.
...... Where wast thou when I laid the foundations
............ of the earth? declare if
............ thou hast understanding.
...... Who hath laid the measures
............ thereof, if thou knowest?
............ or who hath stretched the line upon it?
Whereupon are the foundations
...... thereof fastened? or who
...... laid the corner stone thereof;
When the morning stars sang together,
...... and all the sons of God
...... shouted for joy?
Hast thou entered into the springs
...... of the sea? or hast thou walked
...... in the search of the depth?
Have the gates of death been opened
...... unto thee? or hast thou seen
...... the doors of the shadow of death?
Hast thou perceived the breadth
...... of the earth? declare if
...... thou knowest it all.
Who hath put wisdom
...... in the inward parts? or who hath given
...... understanding to the heart?
Who can number
...... the clouds in wisdom?
...... or who can stay the bottles of heaven,
When the dust
...... groweth into hardness,
...... and the clods cleave fast together?
Wilt thou hunt the prey
...... for the lion? or fill the appetite
...... of the young lions,
When they couch in their dens,
...... and abide in the covert
...... to lie in wait?

Who provideth
...... for the raven his
...... food? when his young ones cry
............ unto God, they wander
................. for lack of meat.

My God,
...... my God, why hast thou forsaken
...... me? why art thou so far from helping
............ me, and from the words of
............ my roaring?
They gaped upon
.................. me with their mouths, as a ravening
.................. and a roaring lion. As the hart
........................ panteth after the water brooks, so
........................ panteth my soul after thee, O God.
......................................... My soul thirsteth

..........................................for God, for the living God: when
........................... shall I come and appear before God?

My tears have been my meat
...... day and night, while they continually say unto me Where
...................
is thy God? I will say unto God my rock, Why
....... hast thou forgotten
me?
why go I mourning
.................... because of
the oppression of the enemy?
..................... For thou hadst cast
.......... me into the deep, in the midst of the seas;
........................ and the floods compassed

.................... me about: all thy billows and
........................... thy waves passed over

.............................. me.
.......................................... Then said
.............................. the Lord, Doest
............. thou well to be angry?

...... And the rain descended,
............ and the floods came,
............ and the winds blew,
.................. and beat upon that house;
.................. and it fell: and great was
........................ the fall of it.

.................. And in the fourth watch of the night
........................ Jesus went unto them,
........................ walking on the sea.
............ And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea
.................. they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit;
.................. and they cried out for fear.
...... And he said, Come.
............ And when Peter was come down
............ out of the ship, he walked on the water,
.................. to go to Jesus. But when he saw
.................. the wind boisterous,
........................ he was afraid; and beginning
........................ to sink, he cried, saying,
.............................. Lord, save me.
............ And immediately Jesus stretched
.................. forth his hand, and caught him,
.................. and said unto him, O thou of little faith,
........................ wherefore didst thou doubt?
...... And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter,
............ and upon this rock I will build my church;
............ and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
........For nation shall rise against nation,
. and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines,
... and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.
. All these are the beginning of sorrows.
........ Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you:
. and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
... And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another,
. and shall hate one another.
........ And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
... But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
. Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.
Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended
...... because of me this night: for it is written,
...... I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock
............ shall be scattered abroad.
............ But after I am risen again,
.................. I will go before you into Galilee.


.................. Peter answered and said unto him,
............ Though all men shall be offended because of thee,
.................. yet will I never be offended.

............ Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee,
...... That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice.

.................. Peter said unto him,
........... Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee.
...... Likewise also said all the disciples.
......... But all this was done,
............ that the scriptures of the prophets
......... might be fulfilled.
...... Then all the disciples forsook him, and fled.

...... But Peter followed him afar off
............ unto the high priest's palace, and went in,
.................. and sat with the servants, to see the end.
...... But he denied before them all, saying, I know not what thou sayest.
.................. And again he denied with an oath, I do not know the man.
...... Then began he to curse and to swear, saying, I know not the man.
.................. And immediately the cock crew.
.................. And Peter remembered the word of Jesus,
........................ which said unto him, Before the cock crow,
........................ thou shalt deny me thrice.

.................. And he went out, and wept bitterly.


.................. And about the ninth hour Jesus cried
........................ with a loud voice saying, My God,
........................ my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
He is not the God of the dead,
. but the God of the living:
. ye therefore do greatly err.
............ And when the sixth hour was come,
.................. there was darkness over the whole land
.................. until the ninth hour.
............ And at the ninth hour
.................. Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, My God,
.................. my God, why hast thou forsaken me?
For he is not a God of the dead,
. but of the living:
. for all live unto him.
...... And it was about the sixth hour,
............ and there was a darkness over all the earth
............ until the ninth hour.

...... And the sun was darkened,
............ and the veil of the temple
............ was rent in the midst.

...... And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said,
................ Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit:
................... and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.
In the beginning was the Word,
. and the Word was with God,
. and the Word was God.

Now Jacob's well was there. Jesus therefore,

. being wearied with his journey, sat thus on the well:
. and it was about the sixth hour. There
...... cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water:

. Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink. Then
. saith the woman of Samaria unto him,

...... How is it that thou, being a Jew, askest drink of me,
. which am a woman of Samaria? for the Jews
. have no dealings with the Samaritans.
...... Jesus answered and said unto her,

. If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee,
. Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him,
...... and he would have given thee living water.
The woman saith unto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to draw with,

. and the well is deep: from whence then hast thou that living water?
. Art thou greater than our father Jacob, which gave us the well,
. and drank thereof himself, and his children, and his cattle?
...... Jesus answered and said unto her,

Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again:
. But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him
. shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be
. in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.
.................. God is a Spirit:
........................ and they that worship him must worship him
.................. in spirit and in truth.
............ From that time many of
.................. his disciples went back, and walked no more
........................ with him.
.............................. After this, Jesus
...... knowing that all things were now accomplished,
............ that the scripture might be fulfilled, saith,
................................................................. I thirst.
....... But the day of the Lord will come
as a thief in the night; in which the heavens shall pass away
....... with a great noise,
and the elements shall
melt with fervent heat,
the earth also
....... and the works that are therein shall be burned.
Nevertheless we,
according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth,
....... wherein dwelleth righteousness.
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth:
....... for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away;

............. and there was no more sea.
The Bible (1611 trans., my emphasis): Genesis 1:1-4; 2:7; 3:22; 4:6; Exodus 3:14; 2Kings 8:26; 2Chronicles 22:2; Job 38:4-7, 16-18, 36-41; Psalms 22:1, 13; 42:1-3, 9; Jonah 2:3; 4:4; Matthew 7:27; 14:25-26, 29-31; 16:18; 24:7-13, 35; 26:31-35, 56, 58, 70, 72, 74-75; 27:46; Mark 12:27; 15:33-34; Luke 20:38; 23:44-46; John 1:1; 4:6-7, 9-14, 24; 6:66; 19:28; 2Peter 3:10, 13; and Revelation 21: 1.


No comments: